Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Outside My Window This Morning (and hey, long time no see!)

Winter 2010 in VA has been epic! We got 35" on February 5-6 and we're in the middle of another 12-15" right now. This is on top of a snow storm in December that dumped at least a foot at that time (and almost thwarted our trip to TX for XMas), not to mention the occasional 1-3" here and there. Good ol' El Nino. But I love it. I've been waiting for a winter like this since I moved here in 1995. There was the "Blizzard of '96", but even that pales in comparison. Check out this video of what's happening outside my window. The quality isn't the greatest because a) I'm using a camera to take video, b) this is thru a window and c) visibilty was just this poor!








Also, here are some of my favorite pics from the last couple of days. This one is looking out my front door. After the 35" fell, we had no stairway to speak of...





Here you can see (what's supposed to be) the bottom of our stairway and Chris' truck. That snow was hip-deep!




On Saturday, the snow finally stopped around 4pm and the sun came out. The scenery was beautiful. I like these rooftops. They look like they belong in the Swiss mountains or a Dr. Seuss book.







No comments: